[wplug] VMware player question.

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Thu Nov 3 08:44:37 EST 2005

On Nov 2, 2005, at 10:16 PM, Ed Stewart wrote:

> Hi Don. It took me a while to get back to you on this. Like you the
> browser works fine here also, I spent some wasted time on the phone
> with
> a Novell-Suse techie that knew far less than I do about linux. He said
> when I untared the package it should prompted me for a
> username-password.. VMplayer opens the Suse Linux enterprise
> server. vmx
> file and Suse boots, there are no places to enter anything. I will try
> joining their usersgroup forum and see what results that brings. If
> you
> setup virtual XP to run, you would probably have the only secure
> verison
> of windows ever :-). Ed

I seriously doubt that Novell/SuSE tech support will be able to help
you with that.  I wasn't able to find any evidence of documentation
for the player packages either on vmware's or novell's web site.

I did some further web searching, and a couple people suggested a
root/password of root/(blank) root/vmware and vmware/vmware.

It might be better if you log in via single user (I'm not sure if the
SuSE installation will let you, without a password) and set the
password manually.