[wplug] VMware player question.

Ed Stewart edstewart1 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 2 22:16:03 EST 2005

Hi Don. It took me a while to get back to you on this. Like you the
browser works fine here also, I spent some wasted time on the phone with
a Novell-Suse techie that knew far less than I do about linux. He said
when I untared the package it should prompted me for a
username-password.. VMplayer opens the Suse Linux enterprise server. vmx
file and Suse boots, there are no places to enter anything. I will try
joining their usersgroup forum and see what results that brings. If you
setup virtual XP to run, you would probably have the only secure verison
of windows ever :-). Ed

Vanco, Don wrote:

>Ed Stewart <theoretically [edstewart1 at verizon.net]> put forth the
>following electrons on :
>

>>I installed VMware player and downloaded both the prebuilt
>>browser appliance and the Novel_Suse prebuilt packages, all
>>is running fine but when Suse gets done loading it prompts
>>for the standard login and I have now idea what it is. I
>>tried my Ubuntu login which it is running on but no luck. I
>>have searched the VMware site and Suse info and google on the
>>package to no avail. Is there anyone here who may be using
>>VMware that may know what to do? Thanks Ed
>>

>I know some of these require registration - is there any chance that you
>were supposed to get something from Novell?  I use the browser without
>any issues.

This email created using UBUNTU 5.04 "Hoary Hedgehog"LINUX,with no
help needed from Micro$oft.