[wplug] 64 bit processor

Jonathan Billings jsbillings at gmail.com
Thu May 26 17:51:06 EDT 2005

On 5/26/05, Steve Bierly <s_bierly at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I recently purchased a computer with a 64 bit
> processor. I want to put a version of linux on it but
> am not sure which one to go with because I am not sure
> if any of the distros have support or compatibility
> issues with the  processor. If anyone knows a distro
> that is compatible with it please tell me.
> Thanks,
> Steve

I can only hope that you're referring to an AMD 64bit processor or the
Intel EM64T processor instead of the Itanium (ia64) processor.

If it's the amd64 chipset, I know that Fedora Core will run on it
(http://fedora.redhat.com/), since that's what we are using for our
amd64 systems.

--
  Jonathan Billings