[wplug] initrd questions

Brian Sammon wplug-list at brisammon.fastmail.fm
Tue May 10 00:21:42 EDT 2005

> This leads me to believe that if you have an initrd at all, you must
> follow this instruction.  But I don't know enough about initrd images to
> know if that's actually the case.

It sounds to me like you're building a custom kernel.
In the 6 or so years I've been compiling custom kernels, I haven't found any
real need to use initrd images with them.
As long as the key drivers (usually filesystem and hard-drive stuff) are
compiled into your kernel, you can generally manage to boot without an initrd.