[wplug] Discuss: Networking in an insecure world

Jonathan Billings jsbillings at gmail.com
Thu May 5 13:28:19 EDT 2005

On 5/5/05, Brandon Kuczenski <brandon at 301south.net> wrote:
> It seems like the only thing that does what I want -- authenticated file
> sharing that is unix-native -- is AFS, but I don't have warm tingly
> feelings about AFS, considering I've never gotten the client to work on
> any OSS platform.

Considering that I have OpenAFS running on all the OSS platforms (and
non-OSS platforms) I have to say that it is definately a good solution
for me, however, setting up an AFS server is non-trivial, and probably
a bit too much overhead for casual usage.

As other have mentioned, a VPN configuration might be the solution to
your problems.

--
  Jonathan Billings
jsbillings at gmail.com