[wplug] Discuss: Networking in an insecure world

James O'Kane jo2y at midnightlinux.com
Thu May 5 15:58:47 EDT 2005

On Thu, 5 May 2005, Jonathan Billings wrote:

> Considering that I have OpenAFS running on all the OSS platforms (and
> non-OSS platforms) I have to say that it is definately a good solution
> for me, however, setting up an AFS server is non-trivial, and probably
> a bit too much overhead for casual usage.

I would agree with those statements. I've considered giving a talk about
AFS at some point. Maybe in the fall, assuming there is general interest?

Like most of the things I've given talks on, I'm not a complete expert,
but I know a bit more than most people. I have an AFS cell set up at home
and I help manage the cell at work.

Depending on the availablity of hardware at the time, I could probably
walk through an install live.

-james