[wplug] SpamAssassin: permissions on bayes_journal

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Wed Mar 30 16:22:45 EST 2005

I'm using SpamAssassin (spamc/spamd) and Bayes.  For some reason, my
bayes_journal keeps getting its ownership changed to root:spamd instead of
me:spamd.  spamd is running as user spamd, and spamc runs as me
(.procmailrc contains the segment:

:0fw:
| /usr/local/bin/spamc -u $LOGNAME

If anything, it seems like it should be owned by spamd, but instead it's
owned as root.  Any idea why this is or where I should look?  Why would
root ever touch the bayes files?

I'm going to the SpamAssassin list if nobody here knows a quick fix.

Thanks,
Brandon