[wplug] Hibernating Fedora Core 3

Chris Winters chris at cwinters.com
Tue Mar 1 12:19:24 EST 2005

Tim Lesher said:
> The people who do the Linux implementation have taken a harder line:
> they refuse to support anything that isn't 100% correct, which leaves
> a lot of end users frustrated.
>
> On the other hand, the folks who do the FreeBSD implementation have
> been more pragmatic about the issue, and they seem to be working
> closely with the Intel ACPI folks; they've added some compatibility
> hacks to work around the most common bugs, so even some moderately
> broken machines (like my laptop) work, for the most part.

What I know about FreeBSD could fill a thimble (well, maybe two) but what
you describe seems to be a reveral of the normal behavior of the two
operating systems, doesn't it? Not that it's either good or bad, just
curious.

Chris

--
Chris Winters (chris at cwinters.com)
Building enterprise-capable snack solutions since 1988.