[wplug] hosts on sunOS 5.8

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Thu Jun 30 09:25:00 EDT 2005

That's making a lot of assumptions, like the sysadmin is not buried
under other obligations, that the user is allowed to take the machine to
single user mode to take over root, or that the system isn't so critical
that it can be taken down at any time you feel like it.  I would assume
that Mike has already thought through those scenarios and was looking
for an alternate solution.  I don't think the suggestions made were that
bad and don't require pestering the sysadmin or taking the machine down.

Brandon Poyner
Network Engineer III
CCAC - College Office
412-237-3086