[wplug] success story

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Wed Jun 22 12:01:00 EDT 2005

> List traffic is a little quiet, so I thought I would drop a quick line to
> announce that I am now 100% MICROSOFT FREE in my personal computing. This
> weekend I dumped Windows 2000 and installed Debian testing on my home
> computer, and everything is working!  I'm even hoping to get a Hauppauge TV
> card working that never ran under Windows.  There are a few minor annoyances
> (always, right?) but in general I've had a great time putting together the
> system and plying it to my will (the secret: use apt-get for everything!) and
> I can now finally use a decent command-line to compile my TeX documents.

 	Congradulations! Being Microsoft-free can really enlighten your
computing experience.

 	If you're really looking into a TV card, I suggest a PVR-250 --
which might be a little pricey for a TV card, but with the hardware MPEG
support, you may wish to do the MythTV-thing. Cards without MPEG will
really drag your system into the ground. Goodwill in the SoSide sometimes
has old ATI tuners -- where I got a couple of mine. In fact, if you'd like
to have one of these to test -- it's yours.

--

Drew from Zhrodague
drew at zhrodague.net
http://gallery.zhrodague.net