[wplug] success story

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Wed Jun 22 11:54:17 EDT 2005

List traffic is a little quiet, so I thought I would drop a quick line to
announce that I am now 100% MICROSOFT FREE in my personal computing.
This weekend I dumped Windows 2000 and installed Debian testing on my home
computer, and everything is working!  I'm even hoping to get a Hauppauge
TV card working that never ran under Windows.  There are a few minor
annoyances (always, right?) but in general I've had a great time putting
together the system and plying it to my will (the secret: use apt-get for
everything!) and I can now finally use a decent command-line to compile my
TeX documents.

I now have this computer and a laptop running debian testing, a backup
server running debian stable, and a rock-solid gateway/server running
FreeBSD.  Thanks, WPLUG, for helping to make this possible!

-Brandon