[wplug] kontact

Rob Knapp myddrin at myddrin.com
Mon Jun 20 07:46:34 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 19:55 -0400, Michael H. Semcheski wrote:
> Hey Everybody,
>
> This weekend I got a new hard drive and installed FreeBSD from scratch.  From
> there, I did something I've never done before, for whatever reason.  I used
> kontact, and I have to say I was impressed.

Kontact also has an "exchange replacement" server called Kolab that
interoperates with Outlook, and several other groupware suites. [It even
has a thunderbird extension that lets you share calendars with non-
mozilla users.]

I've gotten it to build on debian (which I use at home), but not on
NetBSD, which I use for work.  (The build is very much geared towards
linux and freebsd.)

At anyrate, for people looking for a cross-platform exchange
replacement, it may be worth a look.  I was quite pleased with the most
recent release (2.0-rc3).