[wplug] Fedora Core Network Bug

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Tue Jun 7 15:11:30 EDT 2005

Sure you don't mean /etc/modinfo.conf?  I know that the network widget
uses the file /etc/log.d/conf/services/modprobe.conf - but there's no
"user land" edited file of this name that I know of.

FYI, you can also get the module options (for entry into
/etc/modules.conf) using the modinfo command:
e.g.:
[root at rh3u3 root]# modinfo
/lib/modules/2.4.21-32.0.1.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/net/e1000/e1000.o
filename:
/lib/modules/2.4.21-32.0.1.ELsmp/kernel/drivers/net/e1000/e1000.o
author:      "Intel Corporation, <linux.nics at intel.com>"
license:     "GPL"
parm:        debug int, description "Debug level (0=none,...,16=all)"
parm:        TxDescriptors int array (min = 1, max = 32), description
"Number of transmit descriptors"
parm:        RxDescriptors int array (min = 1, max = 32), description
"Number of receive descriptors"
parm:        Speed int array (min = 1, max = 32), description "Speed
setting"
parm:        Duplex int array (min = 1, max = 32), description "Duplex
setting"
parm:        AutoNeg int array (min = 1, max = 32), description
"Advertised auto-negotiation setting"
parm:        FlowControl int array (min = 1, max = 32), description
"Flow Control setting"
parm:        XsumRX int array (min = 1, max = 32), description "Disable
or enable Receive Checksum offload"
parm:        TxIntDelay int array (min = 1, max = 32), description
"Transmit Interrupt Delay"
parm:        TxAbsIntDelay int array (min = 1, max = 32), description
"Transmit Absolute Interrupt Delay"
parm:        RxIntDelay int array (min = 1, max = 32), description
"Receive Interrupt Delay"
parm:        RxAbsIntDelay int array (min = 1, max = 32), description
"Receive Absolute Interrupt Delay"
parm:        InterruptThrottleRate int array (min = 1, max = 32),
description "Interrupt Throttling Rate"

..sadly, I have found that some MFGRs do a poor job of listing what
params are required to make other params work, especially when trying to
use bonding/teaming drivers.

JMO, but in most cases Ethernet drivers are not required in the initrd,
but sure can't hurt

Don