[wplug] Fedora Core Network Bug

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Tue Jun 7 15:46:57 EDT 2005

> Sure you don't mean /etc/modinfo.conf?  I know that the network widget
> uses the file /etc/log.d/conf/services/modprobe.conf - but there's no
> "user land" edited file of this name that I know of.

I'm fairly sure it's not modinfo.conf, google only has 4 hits when you
search for that.  modprobe.conf used to be called modules.conf before
the 2.6 kernels.  I don't use the widgets such as system-config-network
to change my configuration.  I've heard that making your own changes and
then using the widgets might cause your changes to be undone or worse.
In this case I'd say user land is a matter of perspective, you can do
the management yourself but it's best to take it over entirely if you
do.

Brandon Poyner
Network Engineer III
CCAC - College Office