[wplug] A question of etiquette

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Thu Jun 2 10:29:49 EDT 2005

Sometime in June Michael P. O Connor assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| I normaly do top post, I figure it this way, most people now look at the
| top of the email for what you say, very few look inline or at the
| bottom.  I have had people respond to emails where I have done inline
| posts asking why I did not include any text.

Obviously, I perfer the inline posting. Is it that difficult to
differentiate my text from yours? I would simply reply with my reasons for
posting inline and encourage them to do the same.

| I feel that I am going to do what most people are going to expect, and
| most people on the net now look at the top, very few look at the bottom
| or inline, and when I feel the need to do inline responce I will post at
| the top that the ansers are inline, most end users, most people you are
| going to write to (unless you only write to geeks) are going to look at
| the top of your message and if it is not there, they will assume there is
| not text from you.

I think educating them is better. Also, feel free to use more periods ;).

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key B23241CB