[wplug] FC4 Java issues

Eli Heady eli.heady at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 19:56:05 EDT 2005

Could anyone using FC4 point me to a good resource on installing mutilple JDKs?

I'm having trouble with the GNU Java bundled with FC4. I'm all about
GNU's efforts, but since Eclipse is running about half as fast as it
did on FC3 with Sun's JDK, I'm a bit disappointed.

Or maybe someone can just tell me ... can I just download Sun's JDK
(non rpm) and unpack it where I like, and point Eclipse to it --
without trashing the default Java stuff? I don't want this to mess up
OpenOffice, and I've never tried to install multiple JDK's/JVM's from
Sun, let alone a mix of Sun and GNU.

Thanks
Eli