[wplug] cheap DSL in Pittsburgh?

Brent M. Rust rust at lucasware.com
Fri Jan 21 11:00:13 EST 2005

They are still small. PulseNet has had some opportunities that they have
failed to capitalize on, and that has hurt them. They had the only
broadband in Burgettstown (pop 2000) and they did close to nothing for
several years. They already had 500 or more dial up users in that town
and the refused to try to convert them to wireless broadband. Now, a few
years later, Verizon has DSL and now no one will try the wireless
because it is 50.00 a month versus Verizons 30.00 a month. (Not
including the Verizon phone line cost).
I worked as a tech and in sales, so my customers are my neighbors, so to
speak. So it pains me personally when this happens. Plus, I am a user of
their service, so if they go under, I am out broadband......That makes
me cranky.
I guess that's the price you pay to live in the "last mile".

Brent