[wplug] cheap DSL in Pittsburgh?

Ed Stewart edstewart1 at verizon.net
Thu Jan 20 10:42:24 EST 2005

Zachary Uram wrote:

>On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 07:01:37 -0800 (PST), Jason Jerome
><jjerome2 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>I believe I pay $29.99/month for my DSL through Verizon
>>

>Wow that sounds good. What is your up/down rates? How is the service quality?
>Do they give you a static routable ip?
>
>Zach

Hi Zach, I have been getting an average down speed of about 900 to
1000k, but I am way into the sticks here and am several miles from the
verizon building in town. It sure beats the crap out of 2.3 to 4 k on
dialup. I haven't checked the up speed but large pics and files leave
real fast. Verizon's support is far better than normal it seems also, at
first I had some problems with the connection just stopping for a while
from time to time. I called their tech support and the fellow checked me
out from his end and told me there was a high capacitance problem with
my phone wiring in my house. I replaced the wiring and could not believe
the difference and have not lost connection since. Ed