[wplug] cheap DSL in Pittsburgh?

Carl Benedict cbenedic at pittsburghtechs.com
Thu Jan 20 11:11:20 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 10:07, Zachary Uram wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 07:01:37 -0800 (PST), Jason Jerome
> <jjerome2 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > I believe I pay $29.99/month for my DSL through Verizon
>
> Wow that sounds good. What is your up/down rates? How is the service quality?
> Do they give you a static routable ip?
>
> Zach

IMHO, companies like Verizon will always be able to offer the most
bandwidth for your buck because they are an ILEC.  Other smaller
Internet providers will have to buy their backbone from Verizon or
someone who is their competition.

I live in the North Hills and I have Nauticom.  At 3mb down and 512Kb
out, it costs something like $40/month.  It's not too bad.  In the last
few months, I heard the Verizon will be offering fiber to the home
service at 30Mb down 3Mb up for around $50.  I don't know if that is
true (I can't get Verizon here), but if it is, sign me up! :D

--
Carl Benedict
Pittsburgh Techs
cbenedic at pittsburghtechs.com