[wplug] Mounting and permissions

Robert E. Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Tue Feb 22 11:19:29 EST 2005

Hi all,

I have some CD's formatted with JFS containing files.
(long story, don't ask)

I mount these CD's on a machine where my user ID = the user ID of the files on
the CD and have NO PROBLEMS.

I mount these CD's on a system where my user ID is NOT equal and I can't read
the files due to permission settings (as expected).

I've read the man pages for mount and can't seem to find a way to either:
1 - Mount the CD so that all the files look like they belong to user ID 1000
(when they actually belong to user 500).
or
2 - Mount the CD so that all files are readable by all users.

Other than creating a user account with the same UID as the files on the CD,
is there a way to be able to read the files as another user (other than
root) ?

Thanks for any help on this,

Bob