[wplug] A little BSD/Linux history question

Doug Green diego96 at mac.com
Mon Feb 21 18:03:47 EST 2005

Looking at their websites (FreeBSD, OpenBSD), it seems like they
emphasize security and stability "out of the box" more than the average
Linux distro. Not to say you couldn't do this yourself (esp w/ LFS,
Slack, and other distros that emphasize individual builds), but some of
us (ahem!) would lean towards a turnkey solution rather than rolling
our own and potentially missing something important. That seems like
the biggie to me, but I can't imagine one being considered "better"
than another... mileage will probably vary per individual.
-D