[wplug] Wi-Fi Mapping in the Press

Jonathan S. Billings billings at negate.org
Sat Feb 19 11:10:48 EST 2005

On Feb 18, 2005, at 3:50 PM, Drew from Zhrodague wrote:
>     Bill, why are you sending blank messages with attachments? I'm
> confused...

Probably because he is using a program that uses PGP to sign messages.
The signed message is part of MIME enclosure with a content-type of
multipart/signed.  The message itself is then modified by the
mailing-list software, and I suspect that this change (to put the
mailing-list signature) confuses some clients.  They think that the
only part of the message is the signature, since it's not part of the
multipart/signed enclosure.  So you end up seeing messages that appear
to have no content except the mailing-list signature and two
attachments.

None of the clients I use, even on my mac and windows systems, have a
problem with this.  However, I don't use Outlook or Outlook Express.  I
suggest trying "Mozilla Thunderbird" for windows.

--

Jonathan S. Billings <billings at negate.org>