[wplug] Can't compile tcl/tk extension

Eric C. Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Wed Feb 16 22:16:00 EST 2005

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 08:59:33PM -0500, Scott F. Kiesling wrote:
> I am trying to download and compile a program called
> Transcriber
> (http://www.etca.fr/CTA/gip/Projets/Transcriber/),
> for use with linguistic research. It requires the tcl/tk
> extension tcLex
> (http://membres.lycos.fr/fbonnet/Tcl/tcLex/index.en.htm)
> (in addition to Snack and Tcl/Tk). Neither Transcriber nor
> tcLex have an ebuild, so I am trying to compile from source. I
> get this error when trying to compile tcLex (after
> configuring without errors as specified in the README):
> [...]

Both transcriber and tclex have been packaged for Debian, so I had a
look at their Build-Depends.

To build tclex you need the tcl8.3-dev and tk8.3-dev packages.

Transcriber needs both of those, plus something called libsnack2-dev
(another Tcl/Tk extension).

Hope this helps.

--
Eric C. Cooper          e c c @ c m u . e d u