[wplug] RE: alternate phone service (slightly related to topic as there is a Linux client ; -)

Daryl Sawders perkin at adelphia.net
Tue Dec 27 12:09:57 EST 2005

Sorry but I wasn't paying a lot of attention when someone was asking about
Vonage but I asked a Telecomm friend of mine to comment and he referred me
to SKYPE

It seems you can set up a "local" number and then use the InterNET to dial.
It does cost to receive land line calls but not InterNET.

This would solve the issue of long distance charges and also give an option
for folks that don't have a PC.

Take a look.  Your mileage will vary...

   - Daryl -