[wplug] Looking for a good C++ reference book

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Thu Dec 22 12:22:41 EST 2005

Subject says most of it.

I know my way around OOP pretty well, so I'm not looking for another
explanation of the principles of OOP (which a lot of C++ books that I've
seen seem to dedicate a number of chapters to).  I'm lookg for an updated
reference to the way C++ works: syntax and libraries, with some good advice
on how to avoid pitfalls and the like.  If I have to accept a number of
chapters of "Inheritance is a good idea because ..." in order to get a
book that covers the other aspects, that's fine - I just don't require it.

Suggestions?

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies