[wplug] I'm a Linux whimp (need kernel help)

Christopher DeMarco cmd at alephant.net
Tue Aug 16 16:07:38 EDT 2005

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 03:55:58PM -0400, Poyner, Brandon wrote:

> I had it happen a few times, I got around it by blowing away the
> __db.00{1,2,3} files.  It wasn't that big of a show stopper for me.

I mention it in reaction to your assertion that it was "rock solid" as
a rl3 server.  Patching my production boxen only to find that rpm
itself was prone to hanging made smoke billow from my nostrils.

Granted, I was updating <counts on fingers> ~28 kiosks, so I had a lot
more opportunities to hit that bug...

--
Christopher DeMarco <cmd at alephant.net>
Alephant Systems (http://alephant.net)