[wplug] BitTorrent

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Sat Aug 6 17:58:42 EDT 2005

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005, Cameron McBride wrote:

> Hey Brandon,
>
>> Yeah, I know the arguments I need to use -- the problem is, where do I
>> specify them?  The program gets called based on the email-attachment's
>> MIME type, and I select it and btdownloadgui starts automatically.  What I
>> would like to know is the right way to modify the behavior of a
>> MIME-associated application in Debian.
>
> well, it likely depends on your mail client.  I'm by no means an
> expert (there might be a debian specific way I don't know about), but
> mailcap has met my needs.  (% man mailcap)

Mailcap was the missing link -- I use PINE, and it refers to mailcap
files.  My solution was to edit /usr/lib/mime/packages/bittorrent-gui and
run 'update-mime' -- /etc/mailcap was regenerated with the new options.

The client still doesn't work, but that's probably another issue, as my
router shows that it is redirecting connections between the client and a
remote host properly.

Thanks,
Brandon