[wplug] OT again: LaTeX primers

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Wed Aug 3 13:31:10 EDT 2005

On Wed, Aug 03, 2005 at 04:54:24AM -0400, Hagbard Celine wrote:
> One thing I wonder, though.  Can someone (Eric, maybe), point me to
> some introductory and/or reference texts to TeX/LaTeX?

By far the best book I've found on LaTex is "A Guide to LaTeX" by
Kopka & Daly.  I usually end up referring to it when I'm doing
anything non-trivial with latex, but it's also organized well enough
to serve as a "quick start" guide or tutorial.  I almost never use
"raw" TeX any more.

I recently "upgraded" to the 4th edition, so I have a spare copy of
the 3rd edition if you'd like it.

And while I'm in book-giveaway mode, I have a 1st edition of the "Perl
Cookbook" looking for a good home now that the 2nd edition is out.