[wplug] OT- Jumpdrive

Richard Farina r.farina at adelphia.net
Sat Apr 9 00:13:26 EDT 2005

At 08:32 PM 4/8/2005, Doug Green wrote:
>Hey all-
>I've got a defunked Lexar Jumpdrive. Plugging it in does nada- no flashy
>light on the drive, computers don't recognize it at all- regardless of OS,
>this thing just stopped working. Any ideas? Bad contact? If so, any ideas
>on how to fix it and recover my data??
I ran my lexar through the washing machine and was still able to recover my
data (and use the drive still).

After putting the drive through the wash, I soaked it in distilled water
for a few days, and let it dry for a few days, and it worked fine.

Don't know what you did to break yours, but is there anything at all that
you can think of that might help?

-Rick Farina