[wplug] [Slightly OT]-VMWare and Mulitple Heads

Sean McCune sean at redhandsoftware.com
Wed Sep 8 02:04:58 EDT 2004

vmware's support knowledge-base says that vmware will work on linux in a
dual-headed system, but not in full-screen mode.  In full-screen mode
very wacky things could happen.  The URL is unconscionably long, so
search for it on their support site (vmware.com).

=====
But here's the text:

VMware does not support running virtual machines in full screen mode on
dual-monitor systems. Dual-monitor displays, depending on how they are
set up, may perform erratically or not at all when you try to put your
virtual machine into full screen mode. You may see any of the following:

     * The virtual machine appears in full screen mode on the wrong or
primary monitor.
     * Half of the virtual machine appears in full screen mode on one
monitor, and half of the virtual machine appears in full screen mode on
the other monitor.
     * The display becomes garbled after you click the Full Screen
button in the virtual machine console window.

If any of the above events occur on your dual-monitor display host, then
you should keep your virtual machines in windowed mode on this host.
=====

I assume all of the above applies with 3 heads in spades. Will it work
normally in windowed mode with 3 heads?  Don't know.

McC