[wplug] Need a Linux VPN solution

Sal Mangiapane salm at servanttechnology.com
Sat Oct 16 18:22:14 EDT 2004

I'm providing a service from the data center to the remote networks.
The remote networks are my customers.  I can't setup the local IP on
their networks.  I can control the VPN devices that I use at both ends.
  Right now we use VPN devices, but I'm thinking Linux servers.  I have
been doing this for a while and now I'm running into duplicate IP
addresses. I can and have worked around them in the past.  But, if I
could have a solution that would let me setup the IP address that the
remote computer would use on my data center LAN going through the VPN
that would be great.

I was looking at strongswan.  It has a Virtual IP feature.  Does anyone
know if that would work for what I'm trying to do?