[wplug] Need a Linux VPN solution

wisej Jeremey.Wise at agilysys.com
Sat Oct 16 17:34:58 EDT 2004

I guess I am confused about what exactly you mean by not having control
over the IP of the remote network. Is this because they are DHCP hosts
for their internet IP? How is it you could put the server solution at
either (Data Center or Remote Network) and not be able to control the IP
address settings?

There are some very good Linux RADIUS options out their and what really
matters (as in most Open source vs $packaged solution) is how much
support and coupling with back-end security monitoring systems you will
require. Also, how critical are the links (ie general office application
data or ERP time critical).

Maybe look into:
http://www.radius.cistron.nl/
http://freshmeat.net/projects/freeradius/