[wplug] relevance of C for Apps

Christopher DeMarco cdemarco at fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 6 21:44:23 EDT 2004

On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 11:03:48AM -0400, Chris Romano wrote:

> the number 1 choice.   But what about apps  in general?  One  of the
> biggest arguments that I hear for using C is that it's fast.  With

Another huge advantage  of C is its  maturity; this is actually one of
the  primary problems people have   with  C++.  *EVERYBODY* knows   C.
There's a C compiler  for every platform  I can think of, and  barring
OS-specific  APIs, ANSI C  is a well-defined  standard.  C++ OTOH, for
all  the  praise so-minded  individuals  may  heap, is  simply  not as
widely-understood as C is.

--
% You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike.
Christopher DeMarco <cdemarco at fastmail.fm>