[wplug] Some interesting discoveries in re ALSA

Robert E. Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Fri Nov 19 19:03:03 EST 2004

Except for SuSE which has used ALSA for quite some time now.
Yast2's soundcard setup screen has an button to preset most of the volume
levels for the various inputs and outputs.

You might also want to check the controls labeled CAPTURE and the analog mix
controls to see if they influence you problem.

I've had to play with these a bit to get a mic. working even though the mic.
input level was at 100%.

Good luck to you,

Bob