[wplug] howdy

Tom Rhodes trhodes at FreeBSD.org
Tue Nov 16 09:40:59 EST 2004

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 09:22:19 -0500
Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote:

> Tom Rhodes <trhodes at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

The auction listing fails to point out that:

1: If this really is an adapter to be used without problems on
   any Creator3D etc, they have the wrong parts listed.  The UPA
   cards can be found in almost every Ultra10, Ultra30 and Ultra60
   (along with a standard SVGA for Sun monitors).  I wonder if it
   will also work with Sbus Creator3D cards (as found in Ultra1s,
   Ultra2s and perhaps Ultra5s as well).

2: This is a cheap price for this adaptor, to be completely honest,
   I have a small box of these adaptors at my location in PA;
   however, I may have non available.  Next time I'm in PA
   (Thanksgiving?) I'll count them and give you one if I have it
   extra.  If I have two extra then I'll offer one to the person
   who originated this post on the condition that they reply so
   I have their name/email (it seems to have been stripped by
   someone's MUA).

3: While not a bug in this auction listing, it's probably important
   for you, Bill, to know that I seemed to have found an apartment.
   It's in a recently built location right outside of downtown DC,
   and up high (under the penthouses).  While not looking at it
   yet, the person who's been talking to me has made it clear that
   I apparently have a lovely view of the monuments.  Wow, that
   really does sound great but the effect will wear off about 12
   hours after I move in.

--
Tom Rhodes