[wplug] permissions on /mnt/camera

Robert E. Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Sat Mar 27 14:33:43 EST 2004

Reply to list with what actually works because I was under the impression
that the mount command or /etc/fstab sets the permissions for the mount.

In other words you would have to do something like:
mount -t vfat -o uid=xxx gid=xxx umask=0022

Where uid and gid are the user id and group id you want for the mount point
and umask is the permissions you don't want.

If your disto is fairly recent,
look into /etc/security/ for the file that controls who is allowed to mount
what (something about perms)
and add the disk (or what ever your system uses) group to your user account.

On SuSE 8.2, I can mount ZIP disks without su, root access or sudo.

Hope this helps,

Bob