[wplug] "roaming profiles" in linux..

techmike mikeslists at access995.com
Thu Mar 25 08:14:07 EST 2004

I know this has been posted before, but I know a bit more about linux then
I did last time I attempted this project.

I'm sure there are good walkthroughs for this out there, so feel free to
point me in the right direction.

We have about 12 computers on our lan running Redhat 8/9 (mostly 9).  Not
all users use the same desk.  How could we setup a "roaming profile" type
system where all user accounts and home folders are stored on a central
system.

This central system cannot be a M$ machine due to me having no budget to
work with.  :)

Last time I attempted this I was looking into setting up NFS on the
"server", but failed misreably.

Any guidence is greatly appreceated.

-Mike