[wplug] A non-technical Q

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Sun Mar 21 15:51:41 EST 2004

> So, anyway, here's the question - does anybody here
> know of anyplace in Pittsburgh that might employ
> someone to sell Linux? I would at least like to
> explore whatever possibilities may be out there before
> assuming that this intoxicating idea is not worth
> pursuing.

	Good question, maybe I'm a little late to answer!

	TimeSys (http://www.timesys.com), here in Pittsburgh, sells an
embedded linux. They take the GNU stuff, throw-in their own (proprietary)
stuff -- for very particular boards, and sell it.

	There might be one or two other dev shops here in the City that do
either embedded, or applications that run on GNU/Linux -- and sell that.

	Asside from Tech Heavy, up in Wexford, I'm not sure of any shops
that are interested in pushing GNU/Linux, installation, administration,
etc. Red Square claims to do this, but from what I know, they don't
actually.

	I'm also looking for my next contract, so I'm into any leads that
pop-up! =_)

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		Location Based WiFi