[wplug] A non-technical Q

Jason Sopko jason at sopko.net
Mon Mar 22 12:22:33 EST 2004

Drew from Zhrodague wrote:
> 	Good question, maybe I'm a little late to answer!
>
> 	TimeSys (http://www.timesys.com), here in Pittsburgh, sells an
> embedded linux. They take the GNU stuff, throw-in their own (proprietary)
> stuff -- for very particular boards, and sell it.
>
> 	There might be one or two other dev shops here in the City that do
> either embedded, or applications that run on GNU/Linux -- and sell that.
>
> 	Asside from Tech Heavy, up in Wexford, I'm not sure of any shops
> that are interested in pushing GNU/Linux, installation, administration,
> etc. Red Square claims to do this, but from what I know, they don't
> actually.

Open Source Group, Inc. sells, implements and supports GNU/Linux and
FreeBSD systems in the Pittsburgh area. We also do a variety of things
geared towards reducing overall IT costs and moving away from the
'normal' licensing models. If you're interested in selling such things,
you can send your resume to careers at opensourcegroup.com.

///Jason