[wplug] two nics

Ryan W. Frenz rfrenz at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Mar 16 14:10:40 EST 2004

I have two NICs for my laptop, running Gentoo.  I'm trying to set it up
such that I can use any combination of one or both without confusing the
system.  I want the regular NIC to be eth0, configured statically, and
the wireless to be eth1, configured with dhcp.  If I boot with only one
card inserted, the system tries to configure it as eth0 (statically) no
matter which it is.  Is there any way to specify which card belongs to
which interface?  I thought that modules.conf took care of this but I
guess not.

Ryan