[wplug] two nics

Henry Umansky hmust2+ at pitt.edu
Tue Mar 16 14:21:00 EST 2004

Gentoo contains a file called /etc/modules.d/alias.  In that file add the
following two lines:

alias eth0 wired-driver-name
alias eth1 wireless-driver-name

replace wired-driver-name and wireless-driver-name with the respective
driver names.  So for example my file contains the following:

alias eth0 b44   # Broadcom 4400 NIC card
alias eth1 orinoco_cs  # Orinoco Gold PCMCIA wireless card

After you edit this file, you need to run the command "modules-update".
>From now on, your wired card will be eth0 and your wireless will be eth1.

-Henry

--On Tuesday, March 16, 2004 2:10 PM -0500 "Ryan W. Frenz"
<rfrenz at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:r