[wplug] I'm bringing Fedora Core 1

Steven Leach stevenaleach at mac.com
Fri Mar 12 16:42:18 EST 2004

> Oh well, their loss! Besides, that gives me a chance to evangelize for
> APT on Red Hat/Fedora again! If folks have Core 1, they'll be able to
> download all of Core 2 when they want it.

"apt" on .rpm based distributions?  I'm assuming, of course, that "apt"
in this instance doesn't actually refer to the excellent, powerful, and
robust dpkg package management system found in Debian?  If it did, that
would be great!  I can just picture it now:

redhat:$ apt-get update
redhat:$ apt-get dist-upgrade
Welcome to Debian

debian:$

The Hell with Boot-Floppies or that worthless Sarge installer, I'll
just install RedHat and then upgrage ;-)