[wplug] digital camera and Gentoo

Tom McCullough temccullough at verizon.net
Sun Mar 7 10:08:32 EST 2004

I have GTKam and gphoto2 installed, but the Dimage V shows up as a
serial device (i.e. tty something) so that won't work either.  I elected
to use Gnome as my gui, so I don't get automounted disks.  by the way,
do you know how to add items to the applications menu and the desktop
menu in Gnome?  I can't remember it's been too long since I had anything
other than RH9 and KDE.  Is the sandisk 8 in1 internal? I don't need any
more external devices laying about on my desk.  I had a generic internal
about a year ago and it never did work with RH8 or 9 and intermittantly
in debian.  (It did work with XP.)  Speaking of XP, in all fairness, I
have not seen a device yet that it didn't configure correctly including
both of my digital cameras (minolta Dimage A1 and canon powershot A70.)
Don't get me wrong, I still prefer linux as a matter of principle and
for the security, but XP does work well for the non-technical user.