[wplug] BIOS limit HD size???

Carl Benedict cbenedic at pittsburghtechs.com
Sat Jun 26 04:57:43 EDT 2004

Yes, such a limitation exists.  I've seen many modern drives (like
Maxtor) have a jumper you can set called the "CLJ" aka Cylinder
Limitation Jumper.  This will limit the drives capacity to appx 30GB.
I've had to set this jumper on newly installed drives that went into
boxes with circa 1998/1999 (or older) BIOS's.  The only way to fix this
limitation would be a BIOS upgrade, if the vendor decided to make one
with a patch for the limitation.

HTH

--
Carl Benedict