[wplug] Small linux for PPC

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Mon Jun 21 10:27:35 EDT 2004

Sometime in June Scott F. Kiesling assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| Hi all-
|
| I have an old Mac 7500 that I'd like to try putting a linux system on. It
| has a 1Gb HD, so I'd like something small, like Damn Small Linux. Does
| anyone know of a distro like this, or recommend another course of action
| (besides the obvious of bringing the machine to an installfest ;-)?

You might want to look at Debian. They support all kinds of hardware.
You can install as little and as much as you want, and if you are on the
internet all you really need is a boot floppy. This post is pretty
encouraging:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2000/04/msg00323.html

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E