[wplug] Small linux for PPC

Eric C. Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Mon Jun 21 10:34:13 EDT 2004

On Sat, Jun 19, 2004 at 04:03:41PM -0400, Scott F. Kiesling wrote:
> I have an old Mac 7500 that I'd like to try putting a linux system on. It
> has a 1Gb HD, so I'd like something small, like Damn Small Linux. Does
> anyone know of a distro like this, or recommend another course of action
> (besides the obvious of bringing the machine to an installfest ;-)?

I've been running Debian on a headless PowerMac 7600 as a home
firewall/router for several years.  It's basically up 24x7.  It's been
very reliable, and only uses about 300MB of the 1GB disk (but that's
with no desktop environment, graphics apps or libraries, etc.)

--
Eric C. Cooper          e c c @ c m u . e d u