[wplug] Clearing arp cache

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Wed Jul 14 13:11:15 EDT 2004

	I don't agree - I have long wished for this feature under Linux
(having needed it extensively under Solaris), and no one has ever
bothered to code it.  Working on "networks under development" perhaps my
user experience is something of an anomaly, but I really hate having to
nuke arp entries individually.  If you deal with a heavily used PXE
environment this kind of functionality can really be a "must have" if
network services are "in flux".
	I have the feeling the issue is far more complex, and no one to
date has found a reliable means to add this functionality to the Linux
arp command.  If the maintainers if this package are _that_ busy that
they can't add a simple flush it's too bad that someone else doesn't
take over the code.....

Don