[wplug] 2 questions: automount & evolution

joe jgreenawalt at adelphia.net
Mon Jul 12 14:34:26 EDT 2004

Hi all I have two problems, I thought I would enter them both in one email.

First automount :
I seem to be able to mount all my works window shares except the hidden
ones:
Jul 12 10:04:11 rilxjg automount[8306]: >> 8308: tree connect failed:
ERRDOS - ERRnosuchshare (You specified an invalid share name)
I can mount them via fstab //server/sharename$ with no problem
However in my auto.smb file i have tried:
://server/sharename$
and
://server/sharename\$
I googled and found that someone had the same problem and they mentioned
that it worked in version 3.14, but there was no resolution to his
current problem.  Any Ideas?

Second:
I am running the free connector w/Evolution and everything works except
when I'm trying to do a name lookup to autocomplete the name when
composing a new mail message.  However I keep getting "Can't Connect To
LDAP server".  I am pretty confident that everything is correct on the
server side, because when I used the older "paid" ximian version I had
the administrators set it up  and it worked correctly.
Is there somewhere I can look or do to find out just what and how
evolution isn't being able to connect?
I have tried several different LDAP servers.

Info:
Fedora 2
Linux 2.6.6-1.435.2.3 #1 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
automount version 4.1.2
evolution-connector-1.4.7-0.fdr.3.2
evolution-devel-1.4.6-2
evolution-1.4.6-2