[wplug] Alltel PPPOE Broken

Wise, Jeremey jeremey.wise at agilysys.com
Tue Jan 27 08:18:56 EST 2004

First off thanks to those who replied offlist to offer support.

After redoing rp-pppoe install and failing to have any change, backing out
the kernel update...etc.... the interface came up on it's own yesterday
afternoon. Funny thing was that the DSL Efficient modem showed link and I
could log into the web mail system to prove the account was active so I was
thinking the culprit was the Linux system. I even called and tried to have
them do a line test but the 'couldn't check that CO's D-SLAM' Turns out it
wasn't. Should have known Linux would fail me.

Moral of this story: Don't trust link, don't be too quick to blame Linux.