[wplug] post gazette article response

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Fri Jan 23 15:55:13 EST 2004

> > 	Perhaps also whatever statistics about percentage of the Internet
> > which uses Linux as servers. As we all know, this stuff isn't new, and
> > it's been around for a while.
>
> She already has those.  I did the legwork and gave her the numbers.  It's
> part of the reason that I (and possibly others) were so upset initially.
> As technical people, we like statistics (% of webservers using Apache,
> #CERT reports on Windows compared to Linux, etc) but I guess it just
> wasn't what she was looking for.

	Hm. I had a similar experience talking to one of the other papers
here in Pittsburgh, about wireless stuff. I learned to speak slowly, not
go into *THAT* much detail, and make sure my mail server works properly
=_).

	Again, other factions in the wardriving community have had lots of
trouble talking to the press, where no matter what an interviewee says,
the wrong message is quoted. This is not indicative of all journalists,
however.

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		Location Based WiFi